Write about unexpected blessings of your health condition?
- Being wheelchair-bound means I can wear the pretty shoes rather than the comfortable ones.
- Related: I no longer have callouses on my feet.
- I get out of doing the dishes. What? That's a legitimate blessing!
- I never would have discovered Buddhist meditation if I hadn't gotten sick.
- I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock.
- Commuting stress? Looking for parking? Not a problem - I surrendered my driver's license!
- No yearly performance reviews.
- I get to spend more time with my husband.
- I've learned just how tough and badass I am as I face my continued frailty.
- I'm here when my husband needs painkiller gel rubbed on his back.
- We've started reading to each other. Yes, we could have done it when I was healthy, but we never had. It wasn't until other forms of together activity became too much that we settled on this.
- Going bra-less most of the time.
- Living slow.
- Needing full time care from my husband means I can never doubt how devoted he is to me or how strong our marriage is.